Monday, January 26, 2009

Get Real

John 8:31-32 "To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
It is interesting how often we find Christians so focused on getting more information with very little application. I heard one of my mentors say once, "information without application leads to stagnation. information with application leads to transformation." It is not enough to just know the truth in your head, the truth must impact your heart and change the way that you live! When we make a decision to live by the truth we find freedom. When we make a decision to live by the truth we understand truth more clearly as well. If you are a follower of Christ, how did you respond to the last thing you learned about God? Did you obey the last time God led you to do something or did you delay obedience on his teaching. There is no more room for followers of Christ to avoid the importance of following what Jesus taught. The stakes are too high! The world is watching Christ followers and judge the validity of the message based upon our lives. When people look at my do they see my love for God in the way that I live and the way I treat others. It is time to take following Christ more seriously in our lives and realize that we can no longer segment his teaching. In other words Jesus says, "Get real!" These are the folks who are really my disciples. The ones who follow and obey me!! It is not enough just to listen to his teaching walk away and do nothing with it! It must change the way we live. So here is my question to take away, what is the last thing God led you to do and did you do it with your whole heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment