Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Remain in Him.

John 15:5 "...Those who remain in me and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing."

One of my biggest desires is to glorify God with my life and be used by him. To do this, I have to stay close to Jesus and allow His Spirit to guide me in everything I do and every decision I make. Often we try to do things in our own strength and our own way. We get impatient and want to see immediate results.

Take a minute and re-read the verse above slowly. It's powerful!

When we are walking with Jesus and empowered with His Spirit we will be fruitful and accomplish much for Him. Without Him, we fail. Giving up control of our lives can be difficult- especially for control freaks like me! But, after falling down and getting back up, I've realized that He really does know what is best for me and that life with Jesus Christ is the best life of all. It's a life of meaning and purpose, love and hope. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment